USA Map Puzzle
It's fun to learn the geography of the U.S.A. with this 45 piece, wooden puzzle.
With colorful images associated with each state, plus the capital name and state outline under each piece, this puzzle is a bonanza of facts!
The back of the puzzle lists additional state facts, including state flag, bird, motto, population and more!
- Dimensions: 0.5" x 11.7" x 15.5" Assembled
- Recommended Ages: 5+ years, contains small parts
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Review the map with the child. Locate the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, as well as the Gulf of Mexico. Discuss any images the child has questions about.
- Ask the child to assemble the map on a flat surface, not in the puzzle board; if necessary, use the puzzle board as a guide. Review each state, and discuss the information printed on the back of the puzzle board.
- Discuss the image on the front of each state. Ask the child why he/she thinks each image was chosen. Review the puzzle board, noting the location of each state's capital.
- Remove your state and the surrounding states. Place the pieces face up in front of the child. Read each state's name together. Refer to the puzzle board, when needed, for names printed on the puzzle. Review each state's location; identify it as being next to your state, above it, or below it, or by using north, south, east and west.