Vehicle Inspection Reporting
- The TND™ 760 device includes a detailed list of the truck's systems and subsystems for logging minor and major mechanical defects (such as bumper issues, taillight out, turn signal not working, brakes in need of work).
- VIRs occur twice per day: At the start of the day, drivers review the prior VIR and conduct a new VIR; at the end of the day, drivers conduct an independent inspection.
- After an inspection, drivers log "Satisfactory" or note if something is wrong. If there are no issues, drivers may certify the report and be on their way. If there are issues, the TND™ 760 will alert the driver until the problem is resolved. Drivers also will be alerted if they haven't filled out the Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR).
- All of the information gathered is sent to the Rand McNally Connect web portal. Through the portal you can view PDF reports of the day's VIR, record repairs, and view information. Twelve months of reports are stored in the portal. Benefits
- Enables you to be paper free by recording the VIR electronically; no need for another logbook.
- Helps you stay compliant with 49 CFR, parts 396.11 and 396.13 regulations.
- Gives managers a heads up on maintenance issues so they can be fixed before they get too costly; improves safety by helping ensue reports are filled out and drivers are on top of vehicle maintenance.